In the heart of the Causses du quercy natural park, a protected region of wild natural beauty, the Pech Merle ridind centre welcomes walkers, holidaymakers, riders and their horses for trek, hacks, livery...
Come and discover the magnificient scenery zlong the GR 65 (the pilgrimage route of Saint Jacques de Compostelle) and the shaded bridleways overlooked by the impressive cliffs of the Célé valley.
Situated on the "Pech" (hill) above the village of Cabrerets, the Célé and Lot valleys, the riding centre lets you enter an unspoilt environment that is ideal for a peaceful stay, at one with nautre.
In the area surrounding Pech Merle
- Saint Cirq Lapopie, voted the favourite French village in 2012, only 12 kms away,
- The pilgrimage city sanctuary of Rocamadour, about 45 kms away,
- Numerous outdoor sports and activities: canoeing on the Lot and Célé rivers, rock climbing, adventure hikes, cycling, caving, trekking,...
- The Farm Museum at Cuzals where you can see the old taditions of the Lot (bread-making, farming techniques, local building styles,...),
- The old boat towpath cut into the cliff at bouziés, about 10 kms away,
- The castle at Cénevières,
- The Causses du Quercy regional park,
- The "Gouffre" (underground cave system) at Padirac,
- The "Grottes du Pech Merle" with their famous cave paintings...